Interesting article on the future of Towns and Cities in the Drum Magazine – and I don’t just say that because I’m quoted in it!
A couple of key talking points on future cities:
- The Future city will look a lot like the current city
- It will be a lot more efficient – in many sense, including energy, less congested, more and relevant
- The quality of the built environment will become even more important, not less
- ‘Smartness’ will depend on the smart use of data by cities and citizens
- Personalisation will allow us to tailor our urban experiences in new ways
- The flip side is that cities will no longer be shared experiences in the way they used to be
I will do a series of blog posts over the next few months going into these points in greater detail. Let me know what you’re interested in!